Monday, April 26, 2010

The Lovely Bones

...He doesn't understand how much a father could love his child

2/5 Stars

Marky Mark - Kudos

Most of this film looked like that picture above. I had no idea that it was going to be so spiritual. It was a mix of Gone Baby Gone and What Dreams May Come. This girl that was murdered is stuck between Heaven and Hell. I loved the visual effects, just unexpected. It was odd and confusing at first. The film goes back and forth from real life to spiritual world. I didn't particularly enjoy it. I would rather not waste time watching her debate on whether or not to go to Heaven or try and help her family. I wanted to get more into the suspense and depth of figuring out who the murder was.

The main reason it only received two stars from me is because it was weird. I'm sorry. The acting was great, the story was believable, the writing seemed to work. It did keep my attention and intrigue. Susan Sarandon's character fit her perfectly. I feel as though, actually I know that it is her real attitude in life. Good job, Susan.

Two things I took away: Listen to your dog and listen to your instincts.

Acting - All, but the boyfriend were great
Writing - Better than most
Cinematography - The highlight of the film
Story Line - Unique, dull

See it if you want. I won't again.

No comments: